The Creative Consortium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry

+2
llamasarecool
6 posters

Go down

Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry Empty Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry

Post  llamasarecool Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Robert Frost gives this poem a simple AABBA rhyme pattern in each stanza that gives the poem a sense of sad beauty. In stanza 2, when Frost writes,

"O'er ruined fences the grape-vines shield
The woods come back to the mowing field;"

he is describing a lot of nature aspects. All throughout stanza 1, Frost displays a creepy mood, while down in the third and fourth stanzas, it gets lighter and has more energy, and talks about "...shout...cluck...flutter...arrive...road..." Then in the fifth stanza, it becomes slower again.

"And the purple-stemmed wild raspberries grow" gives a sense of death and the dark, creepy objects at a funeral.

"The orchard tree has grown one copse." Copse almost sounds like corpse - again, a sense of death.

In stanza 6, "As sweet companions as might be had" Frost talks about the lighter side of death, and "...tireless folk, but slow and sad..." is not wanting to accept the fact that society is killing people. Nature is society and people are the trees in nature.

llamasarecool

Back to top Go down

Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry Empty Re: Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry

Post  31544 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Very good overall. However, I have no idea what you're talking about here-

In stanza 6, "As sweet companions as might be had" Frost talks about [b]the lighter side of death[/b], and "...tireless folk, but slow and sad..." [b]is not wanting to accept the fact that society is killing people[/b]. Nature is society and people are the trees in nature.

I bit of elaboration would be helpful.

Back to top Go down

Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry Empty Re: Consortium Response #1: sound poetry

Post  gbs13 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:39 pm

I like how you talked about how the mood of the poem evolved throughtout, and I also liked a lot of your choices of quotes but would have liked further elaboration what they represent.
Overall a good response!

gbs13

Back to top Go down

Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry Empty Responding to llamasarecool 1st Response

Post  jemoria Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I think it was good that you used a lot of examples and quotes however some more analysis is needed. It's kind of unknown what point you are trying to prove with the last quote. Otherwise it was a good response with a lot of evidence used!

jemoria

Back to top Go down

Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry Empty Re: Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry

Post  DTMF Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm

your last sentence strikes me as a very loose perspective of human beings. "Nature is society and people are the trees in nature." Very interesting way of viewing human society, although kind of confusing. Are you saying that nature is similar to human society or vice versa? You seem to be viewing humans only as [u]trees[/u] in nature...what about animals, seeds, and perhaps other plants? What are they in relation to human society, as compared to nature?

DTMF

Back to top Go down

Creative Consortium Response #1: Sound Poetry Empty response #1

Post  seguin199 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm

I thought you had a very well thought out response. When you said "-gives the poem a sense of sad beauty." it gave me the image of what you were thinking and it helped me look at the poem with a very different perspective. That was also very helpful, thanks!

seguin199

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down